Efofex Cloud Beta Available!
We are very excited to announce the public availability of the Efofex Cloud Beta – and we need your help.
Before we get to that, we had better explain what Efofex Cloud is. Take a look at this short video.
Efofex Cloud does a number of things:
- It makes Efofex graphics available in FAR more contexts. You can (for example) easily create, use and edit graphics in a Google Docs document. In fact you can now use Efofex graphics just about anywhere!
- It is completely cross platform. Our old systems relied on an old Windows technology (OLE) to work their best. This has never been available on the Mac so Mac users were second class citizens. Efofex Cloud fixes that.
- All of your graphics are backed up in the cloud. All you need is your account login and all of your graphics can be quickly moved to a new computer.
- You can share with anyone.
- It moves support for graphics into the cloud, where we can do more with them. We are currently looking at web-based access so you could use Efofex on just about any device, not just Windows and Mac computers.
The basic process of using Efofex Cloud is simple. Take a look at this quick video showing the Basic Process to use FX Draw with Google Docs.
At this point you might have a few questions. So here are some answers for you.
So Will I Have To Learn Lots Of New Stuff?
No. Efofex Cloud is made up of the same six products that operate in almost exactly the same way as previously. The only real change is how you place graphics into documents and how you edit them later. This is shown in the Basic Process video. Most of the time you will feel totally at home.
I Just Use Efofex With Word On A Windows Machine. Do I Have To Change?
No. You can keep doing exactly what you are doing now. The new Efofex Cloud versions WILL silently upgrade your images as you create them to the new system so you can change over extremely easily in the future if you wish. This process is totally “invisible”.
Does My Machine Need Internet Access to Use Efofex Cloud?
Yes and no. The system will operate without access to the internet but nothing will be backed up and you will not be able to edit anyone else’s graphics. To use the full power of Efofex Cloud, you need Internet access.
We Need Your Help!
We have been exhaustively testing the new systems for the last six months but we now need more people testing it so we are asking for your help. If you are an FX MathPack or FX SciencePack subscriber, you can download the new versions from here.
These are beta software packages. Any graphics that you create or edit whilst using the betas will not be able to be opened in older versions. What we would like you to do is to try out the new products and report back anything you find (send information to firstname.lastname@example.org).
If you decide that you are happy to try the betas, send us an email (email@example.com) and we will keep you informed of any changes we make.
There are two other changes in these new versions that are significant.
- We have created a new registration system that automatically polls our registration server and detects any changes in your subscription status. This will end having to enter a new unlock code whenever you extend your subscription. Basically, do it once and forget about it.
- We have moved all of our Help systems to the web. This makes it much easier to keep everything up to date which means that you will have access to timely information. We can also embed videos directly into the Help system which will make explaining some things much easier. You can look at the new help system at:
We are expecting full release of the new versions in February 2017
Please try the new versions! Your input can make a difference.